|First Baptist Church's Midway Soccer ministry does not use tryouts, invitations, recruiting, or any like process to roster players selectively to any team on the basis of talent or ability. The system utilized for rostering the players must be a fair and balanced distribution of playing talent among all teams participating. Our scrimmage strategy increases the likelihood of balanced teams. Every child must play at least one-half of each game except for reasons of injury or discipline. Our emphasis is based upon participation, not competition. Midway Soccer is an opportunity for children to develop athletically, relationally, and spiritually.|
Online pre-registration opens the first week of May each year and closes in mid-August. The season runs from mid-September through mid-to-late October.
The mission of Midway Soccer is to share and show Christ to children by playing soccer together and building relationships.
- Midway Soccer is for age 4 through 4th grade.
- Registration fee is $15, which can be pre-paid online or can be paid in cash on-site at Evaluations.
- Includes a t-shirt, soccer ball, team picture, certificate, & coaching
- We do not make up games for rain-outs.
- We accept donations of new and gently used children's soccer gear such as cleats and shin guards to provide to players who may not be able to afford this equipment on their own. When your child outgrows his/her gear, consider donating it to Midway Soccer!
- Practices are required only once per week on either Tuesdays or Thursdays, depending on which team the child is a member. Practices are 6:00-7:00 p.m. A practice day preference can be made on the registration form. The 4 and 5 year-olds do not practice on Tuesdays or Thursdays, but for about 20 minutes before the games on Saturdays.
- 3rd/4th Grade Division: 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- Pre-K/Kindergarten & 1st/2nd Grade Divisions: 9:45-10:45 a.m.
- All games are at 8:30 a.m. on the final game day of the season each year, followed by an End-of-Season Celebration.